Friday, November 18, 2005

Giving My Best

Mark Condon wrote a song a number of years ago titled "Giving My Best". A line in the chorus of that song reads, "giving my best to You Lord, all that I have I won't withhold". Certainly God didn't withhold his best from me, neither should I withhold my best from Him. Kenneth W. Osbeck writes in the Pocket Guide for the Church Choir Member, "At all times, whether in practice or performance, one must keep in mind this basic principle: if a ministry for the Lord is worthy of our service, it is also worthy of our very best effort and effective use of our God-given talent. To that end may our lives be dedicated and ministries blessed, that He alone might receive the honor and glory. "...whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God". - 1Corinthians 10:31
- Tim Covert

No comments: