Tuesday, November 22, 2005

I Dare Ya

As children, most of us were challenged by the dare. Someone at school, or your older brother may have said, "I dare you to eat that worm." And to the horror of those around, you did. Fear Factor has taken this idea to all new heights. Amazingly, God uses challenges today. It seems he is regularly insisting I step out on the authority of His word to DO SOMETHING regardless how I feel and with what appears to be, not enough information! In fact, God wants us to challenge Him! "Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. TEST ME IN THIS, " says the Lord Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it." Malachi 3:10. God challenges me to challenge Him! Wow. These challenges are taking me somewhere only God knows. And I'm okay with His plan. How about you? God is good.... all the time.
- Tim Covert

No comments: